Facilities Equipment Mechanic
Lubbock (TX), USA
JOB TITLE: Facilities Equipment Mechanic
Functions / Duties:
Maintenance, construction, installation, repair or retrofitting of facilities and systems. Equipment Mechanic needs to be multi-skilled and be able to work in a team environment.
- Inspect and maintain all utility systems and equipment in the plant
- Maintain and repair of all HVAC systems and components
- Inspect, install, relocate, modify, maintain and repair other equipment and systems as necessary, coordinating with other departments
- Test electrical systems and backup utilities
- Implement and maintain energy management and conservation programs
- Calibrate critical components and insure that all equipment is kept in good repair
- Maintain the Life/Safety, Security, Equipment Monitoring and Telephone communications and data networks
- This position is a physically demanding job which includes climbing stairs and ladders and the ability to lift, push, twist, reach and move equipment (up to 50 lbs. for short durations.) All job tasks require some Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and some duties require working outdoors in varying weather conditions.
Current Skills / Competencies:
- Must have working knowledge and experience of basic electrical systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience of basic mechanical & plumbing systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience of basic pnuematic systems and pnuematic controls.
- Ability to solve problems, develop solutions & make decisions in a team environment.
- Good problem solving & decision making skills.
- Good computer skills, with a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel & Word; Access a plus
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Proven individual contributor, team worker & self-starter
- Flexibility--work schedules may vary between regular, day & night shifts
- Assosiates degree, trade certification or equivalent experience will be considered. Professional certification is preferred, but not required.