Thinfilm Process Engineer
Lubbock (TX), USA
JOB TITLE: Thinfilm Process Engineer
Functions / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Interface closely with manufacturing, equipment engineering, IT, etc. to fully support the thin film area.
- Perform statistical analysis of process data and develop process metrics.
- Disposition nonconforming material.
- Develop, sustain and improve processes to achieve goals.
- Monitor processes and equipment for optimum performance, taking cost effective corrective/preventive action as necessary.
- Create and maintain procedures/specifications/charts and related documentation.
- Create/Maintain FMEA documents for thin film processes.
- Develop and implement control strategy for thin film processes.
- Analyze and optimize costs associated with thin film processes.
- Work with integration and process engineering groups to develop and/or troubleshoot products, processes and process flows.
- Evaluate and specify materials used in wafer fab.
- Assist in training manufacturing as well as engineering personnel.
Current Skills / Competencies:
- Must be able to design experiments and make recommendations/process changes based on results.
- Good computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- B.S. degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Material Science
- Project management experience