Staff Engineer (IT system)
Your role is to support and ensure the IT systems infrastructure is operating in optimal condition. Acting as the main contact person for the software systems stakeholders and provide support to the continuous running of the software systems. Upheld high level of professionalism, practice good work attitude and able to maintain confidentiality as expected from senior systems administrators.
- Install, configure and maintain OS systems of various flavours such as Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu.
- Ensure high uptimes for all servers.
- Server administration which includes:
- Daily OS system administration tasks such as user/group/role creation, network config changes, filesystems monitoring and modification, alert monitoring, software installation/removal.
- Systems performance monitoring and tuning.
- Perform system and data back-up.
- Perform system and data restoration.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Systems hardware/firmware upgrade and engineering change.
- OS patching and upgrade.
- Shell scripting.
- Virtualization platform (VMware vSphere)
- SAN/NAS storage administration:
- Strong understanding in SAN/NAS storage and their underlying concepts and technologies.
- Manage SAN storage of various build.
- Provision block storage volumes and create snapshots/clones.
- Configure SAN switches and modify SAN zoning when necessary.
- Provision shared folders in NAS storage.
- Data Back-up/Restore/Archive Administration:
- Good knowledge in any well-known backup software such as Dell Networker/Veritas NetBackup/IBM Tivoli Storage Manager/Veritas BackupExec/Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Full understanding on what is required in data and full system recovery.
- Operate backup software and backup devices.
- Configure backup software and backup devices when necessary.
- Make changes to backup policies, schedules, backup selection, retention period and vault options.
- Carry out data and full system restoration from time to time.
Act as auxiliary administrator in the virtualization platform.
Implement and manage IT infrastructure projects by managing timeline, resources, manpower and ensure project is implemented according to specification and within budget.
Coach and assist IT helpdesk team to provide effective support for tickets raised in relation to the IT systems under his/her care.
Any other assignment deemed fit by the IT manager.
- Diploma / Bachelor's degree preferably in IT related field.
- 6-12 years of related working experience.
- Skills / Competencies:
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Excellent communication / presentation skills.
- Good leadership and organizing abilities.
- Highly motivated and proactive in carrying duties.
- Able to communicate clearly among subordinate and supervisor.
- Practice teamwork at all times.
- Technical/ Functional Competencies:
- Strong knowledge in OS concepts.
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the Unix/Linux variants.
- Strong knowledge in computer networking.
- Strong knowledge in SAN storage.
- Good understanding in Information Security.
- Good understanding in Virtualization technologies.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Easy application without any registration
- Only contact details and CV are required and voluntary attachment upload
- Takes only 3 minutes
- Create your convincing applicant profile
- Track your application status regularly
- Save your application and continue at any time
- Takes only 10 minutes